If you’ve seen these around Pinterest or on your InstaStories, you’re not alone. Box cake mix cookies are not a new thing and I certainly didn’t invent them, but I appreciate how easy and quick these treats are! With just three ingredients and one bowl, waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven is the hardest part of the “recipe.” Watch below for a quick walk-through of the world’s easiest cookies.
1 box of cake mix, any flavor you like
1/3 c. vegetable oil
I tried a batch with melted butter and they were meh, in my opinion, but if butter is all you have on-hand, it is fine as a substitution.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F and line or spray your cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix the oil and eggs together to break up the eggs. (Tip: Add your eggs to the measuring cup with the oil and save a bowl!)
- Combine the cake mix and egg/oil in a medium bowl. No need to over mix!
- Spoon the mix into rounded tablespoons on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 10–12 minutes (a little longer if they were thicker!)
One box makes just over a dozen generous cookies that are the easiest holiday dessert ever or the perfect after-school cookie snack. Let us know what flavor cake mix cookies you try!