This post is brought to you by Traders Village San Antonio.
I relocated back to San Antonio in 2018 and now live on the opposite side of town from where I grew up. This new location in my hometown has allowed me the opportunity to find hidden treasures in different pockets of town, and this includes Traders Village San Antonio.
The original Traders Village opened in Grand Prairie in 1973. Houston’s Traders Village followed in 1989 bringing terrific values and entertainment to the Texas Gulf Coast, and San Antonio is now a happy home to another Traders Village, which opened in 2011!
Family Entertainment and Amusement Rides
Traders Village is not just a flea market, but a family-friendly entertainment hub where you feel like you are at a county fair. For only $10.99 per wristband, you have unlimited access to “ANY RIDE, ANY TIME, ALL DAY LONG.” Some of the family-friendly rides at Traders Village San Antonio include:
- Fleafall: A thrilling ride that raises you up in a gondola 128 feet in the air. Then, suddenly, you fall. This is a guest favorite for those seeking thrills. Riders must be 48” tall.
- Pharaoh’s Fury: A ship-like ride with a masthead that depicts the infamous King Tut. You sweep like a pendulum high above the flea market at Grand Prairie. Riders must be 48” tall.
- Freddy’s Fender Bender: These bumper cars feature dual joy-stick controls to spin 360 degrees, turn left or right, and go forward or backward. It’s always fun to bump your buddy. Riders must be 44” tall.
- The Rumpus Room: An interactive playroom for kids, this is perfect for moms who want a day of family fun for a great value. It is the best place in the entire park for kids to run, jump, and play in a safe environment. No height requirements.
- Bouncer: A no-holds-barred experience that lifts its riders to the top of a 28-foot high tower. The riders then free-fall to earth only to be lifted up and dropped again and again. Fun for all ages, but riders must be 38” tall.
- Scrambler: Suspended riders spinning in carriages experience the illusion that they will crash into other suspended, spinning carriages as the ride spins round and round. Riders must be 36” tall.
- Star Dancer: This ride combines a gondola wheel with a carousel in a high-flying, family-friendly experience. After traveling up the 80-foot tower, guests can enjoy a panoramic view of the metroplex. Riders must be 48” tall.
These are just a few of the rides at Traders Village. There are several appropriate for small children, but make sure to check all height requirements, which are listed online as well as at each ride.
Seasonal Festivals and Special Events
Traders Village introduces new themes or activities to the schedule year-round. Live concerts, special visits, holidays big and small—you will find it at the market. Freddy Flea is the mascot of Traders Village and has friends that join him in the festivities each season.
Spring: Hop over for a visit with the Easter Bunny, or eat away during the annual Cajun Festival.
Summer: In the summer, Traders Village opens its ten-acre Sunflower Field Maze made up of various kinds of sunflowers. Photographers of all levels swarm the fields to capture the beautiful flowers and utilize the backdrop. Please note that no props or gear beyond a camera are welcome in the fields. Look out for Buzz, the official Spokesbee of Sunflower Fields.
Fall: Get lost in the only Corny Maze in San Antonio, which boasts three different courses running through ten acres. The Corn Maze is open on weekends in October and November and wristbands can be purchased for just the maze or with unlimited rides included. Cornelius Cool is ready for you to get lost in his maze.
Winter: In December, Country Christmas takes over Traders Village and invites Santa and the Mrs. to join in the festivities.
Flea Market Shopping
Of course, there is always shopping to do at a flea market. Traders Village San Antonio, Texas, is spread over 100 acres with more than 1,000 dealers every weekend. A variety of goods can be found at the flea market, including those that are manufactured, handcrafted, or gently used. Strap on your walking shoes and practice your negotiating skills as you get ready to explore the open-air bargain hunters’ paradise.
Traders Village San Antonio is truly “A Texas-Sized Marketplace,” where one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. And like they say, “If you can’t find it at Traders Village, you didn’t need it in the first place!”
**Please note that weather can affect the market and special events due to their outdoor nature. Keep an eye on the Traders Village social media accounts for up-to-date information. Check out Traders Village San Antonio at: