We are happy to partner with Hilton to share more about their Texas-Sized Savings for both a San Antonio Staycation and Texas summer travel. This is a sponsored post.
Those of us who call San Antonio home know that we have it pretty good. Our city is family friendly, creative, diverse, knows how to have a good time (viva Fiesta!), and has a unique history and vibe. With all we have to do here in San Antonio, a family can fill a weekend or more with adventure and memories without ever leaving the city limits.
Recently I was gifted the opportunity to bring my family of four (our kids are 11 and 13) on a San Antonio Staycation with Hilton as a part of their Texas-Sized Savings Summer Campaign. We packed up overnight bags (heavy on the swimsuits because, well, it’s summer, and if one is going to spend much time outside there needs to be water involved) and drove over to one of the newest Embassy Suites by Hilton in San Antonio, the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark.
This hotel, located near Six Flags Fiesta Texas and UTSA, is a family staycation gem! Finding a hotel near the 1604/I-10 intersection that can be accessed by back roads is rare enough, but that’s only the beginning of what my family loved. Here are our top five favorite things about the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark:
- The room space. All the rooms are suites, meaning they have a microwave, fridge, coffeemaker (with organic and fair trade coffees and teas), living area, and sleeping area. When traveling with a family, having more than just the beds and a little chair in a room can make the difference in an enjoyable hotel room stay and a “why are we so crammed in, and is there somewhere else you can be while I unpack?” stay. Our two-room suite had two TVs, which was wonderful in the late evening when parents and kids wanted to watch two different shows.
- The outdoor pool. The hotel has a great outdoor pool that is open until 10:00 P.M. Both nights of our stay the kids enjoyed swimming and the cool blue lights of the pool. I loved the ample number of lounge chairs and the thoughtful bartender, who provided my wine in a plastic cup so I could enjoy it poolside with the kids.
- The “Evening Reception” from 5:00–7:00 P.M. every day, which includes complimentary cocktails and light snacks. I loved the complimentary glass of wine, and my kids loved the freedom to build a (full) snack plate. My kids are in the adult-appetite phase, but I could see the food being enough to serve as a snack-dinner for little ones—or at least enough to take the edge off of witching-hour hunger, resulting in a much more pleasant dinner experience at a nearby restaurant.
- Complimentary shuttle service within a three-mile radius. The Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark has a complimentary hotel shuttle that runs until 10:00 P.M. most evenings. There is A LOT within three miles of the hotel: UTSA, Fiesta Texas (meaning you could skip the $27 daily parking fee), La Cantera, The Rim, Top Golf, Andretti Indoor Karting, iFly and more.
- Complimentary made-to-order breakfast every morning. Breakfast buffets may be my kids’ love language. Starting the day with an array of fruits, breads, pastries, omelettes, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, and juices is a solid way to fill bellies and spirits before you tackle your adventures. Complimentary breakfast buffets let me start the day as the “yes” mom, which is a treat for both me and my kids.
The hotel experience alone was enough to create fun memories for our family, but Hilton has added a HUGE cherry (and whipped cream) on top with their 2019 Texas-Sized Savings summer promotion! We got to enjoy a few of their San Antonio partners for the promotion and spend a day each at Fiesta Texas and Sea World San Antonio.
Our family spent the first day of our San Antonio staycation at Six Flags Fiesta Texas (our first ever visit) on a hot Saturday. We took the advice of several Fiesta Texas veterans and went quickly to the waterpark before it reached capacity. After about four hours of water fun (the Tornado, a four-person tube slide with an enormous drop, was hands-down our favorite), we drove back to the hotel (a quick drive, as it’s less than two miles away) and took a break in the blissfully air-conditioned room. We enjoyed the snacks and drinks at the Evening Reception and then headed back to the park (make sure to get your hand stamped at the Fiesta Texas exit gate if you plan to return).
My favorite ride was the Sky Screamer due to the mesmerizing and somewhat zen experience of seeing so much of San Antonio from above. If you’re a thrill-seeker, Scream lives up to its name. The kids rode RoadRunner Express three times as they dipped their feet into the world of roller coasters. We enjoyed the park after sundown as the lines were shorter and the heat was far less intense. Visiting Fiesta Texas with little ones? Read this post for tips and advice.
We capped off our evening with the exciting Celebrate! Summer Night Spectacular show. The show didn’t start until 10:15 P.M., so I was quite glad we had taken an afternoon break at the hotel and extra grateful for the close proximity of the hotel to the park.
On Sunday we fueled up with a big complimentary breakfast and headed to SeaWorld for Day Two of our San Antonio Staycation. It had been a few years since we’d visited SeaWorld, and we all were amazed by how much they’ve added. We learned about their conservation and sustainabilty efforts and were so taken by the passion of all the trainers, scientists, and educators. My kids loved talking to shark care specialist Nico about his journey from being a kid in Minnesota who loved aquariums and ocean life to his working and caring for the sharks at SeaWorld in San Antonio.
We were fascinated by the new Turtle Reef and its revolutionary bio-filtration habitat. The rescued and non-releasable sea turtles swim along blissfully unaware of their state-of-the-art, naturally filtered (by grass!) tank. We also enjoyed the (albeit less-educational) Aquatica waterpark and the new Sea Swinger ride, and took a very excited 11-year-old on the Steel Eel roller coaster.
SeaWorld provided a memorable day that left us happy and tired. After eagerly enjoying our final night of the Evening Reception at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark and some laid-back pool time, we decided to remain poolside for dinner and ordered pizza, salads, and burgers from the in-house restaurant, Brickstones.
This was the first time we have ever stayed at a hotel in our our own hometown and had a true San Antonio Staycation. It will not be the last. While I anticipated enjoying the break from cooking and daily jobs, I didn’t realize how much lighter and present I would be with my family when not consumed with a to-do list at home like I am most weekends. I relished the time to just be with my family, whether we were walking 19,000 (!) steps at Fiesta Texas, spending two consecutive days at waterparks, or sitting poolside on a Sunday night in a hotel that allowed me to feel like I was on a true vacation despite its less-than-five-miles proximity to my own house. Summers with my kids are flying by, and I’m grateful for the reminder to prioritize taking a break from everyday life, embrace family adventures like playing tourist in our own hometown, and say “yes” a little more often.
This summer, guests who book the Texas-Sized Savings package at www.travel.hilton.com/San-Antonio will receive an official “Texas-Sized Savings” redemption card upon check-in. Guests will also receive a link to redemption instructions for each partner offer in their email confirmation.
In addition to a hotel credit of up to $25 per night, San Antonio guests can receive these incredible discounts and experiences:
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas: 40% off park admission.
- An exclusive perk available to ALL Hilton Honors members is the exclusive Honors Hour on June 20th! On select days throughout the summer, Hilton Honors members can enjoy no lines or waits as the park will be open an extra hour exclusively to Honors members. Hilton Honors members may check in at a Hilton Display tent inside the park on the selected date to receive a wristband to stay in the park an hour after close. Check out the link for additional details: https://travel.hilton.com/en_us/articles/your-loyalty-deserves-to-be-rewarded/.
- SeaWorld: Save $25 on a SeaWorld Single Day Ticket, or enjoy unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio for three consecutive days with $10 off your SeaWorld and Aquatica Flex Ticket.
- San Antonio Zoo: Exclusive access to the zoo an hour before opening this summer, May 25–August 25.
- Range: 20% off your full order at this new modern American chophouse, located along Downtown San Antonio’s historic River Walk.
- Tre Trattoria: 20% off your full order at this trendy Italian eatery serving house-made pasta and cast-iron flatbread, located at the San Antonio Museum of Art.
- San Antonio Detours: 20% off your tour booking.
- Andretti Indoor Karting and Games: Receive a $10 game card when spending $10 at San Antonio’s premier entertainment and event destination featuring arcade games, laser tag, karting, and more.
- Alamo BBQ Co.: 20% off your full order. Enjoy classic Texas-style BBQ , the infamous Big Bro sandwich, and the patio with a playground.
- Shuck Shack: 20% off your full order at this rustic-chic joint serving oysters, lobster rolls, and other seafood bites, plus tap brews and cocktails.
- B&D Ice: 20% off your full order. Enjoy smoked meats, sandwiches, sides, and craft beer with outdoor picnic tables.
- Two Bros. BBQ Market: 20% off your full order at this casual BBQ spot serving oak-smoked meats and homey sides in a kid-friendly setting with a play yard.
- Bowl & Barrel: 15% off your food purchase at this boutique bowling alley and tavern serving American eats, craft beers, and cocktails.
- The General Public: 15% off at this modern gastropub at The Rim.
- The Rustic: 10% off at this casual indoor/outdoor food and music venue serving farm to table foods and craft cocktails at The Rim.
The Texas-Sized Savings promotion is also in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston. Click on each city to see the city’s specific discounts. The promotion is active through September 30th, so book your summer Texas-Sized Savings adventure today! Whether you are craving a San Antonio Staycation or a perhaps a Texas road trip, Hilton Hotels is ready for you and your family!