The Alamo City Moms Team is growing! We have an incredible team, and we are looking to add diverse, local voices who are passionate about our city and interested in sharing their stories. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it more than worth it.
Do you feel like your voice/perspective is missing from our site? Feel a connection with the team or the city? Have an experience to share or a story to tell? Looking for an amazing group of women to connect with? Please consider joining us!
We are accepting applications for writers, social media content creators, “ask the expert” columnists (if you have specific subject matter expertise, please tailor your application to that subject!) and those interested in recording podcast episodes. We are not currently adding to our Events Team.
Fall 2023 applications are due Friday, August 18 by 10:00 pm.
Who we are looking for….
The greater San Antonio area is a vibrant community with so many amazing parenting styles and cultural, ethnic and racial backgrounds represented and we would love to continue to build a team that echoes the diversity of our community. With that in mind, the writers we are looking for are:
- Moms in the greater San Antonio area who have a passion for connection, other moms, our city and enjoy writing
- Women with a sense of humor and zest for life who don’t tend to take themselves too seriously
- A diverse group of women who represent the demographics of our community
- Moms of children of all ages, from infants to college-age and beyond
What you give….
- A 12-month or 10 article or content commitment with subject matter that fits within the mission of Alamo City Moms (Would you rather just submit content every now and then? See this page for featured/guest post submissions)
- An active presence on social media. Facebook is strongly recommended and GroupMe is required for team communication.
- Availability for occasional in-person team meetings and training (complete with food, beverages, and laughter)
- A reliable, positive, and fun personality
What you get….
- Your photo and bio on the ACM Team Page (with links to your personal business or website and/or social media handles if you choose to share them)
- A rotating ad in our sidebar advertising you or your business for the duration of your active participation
- A professional headshot and team photo shoot with ACM
- Access to the ACM Team Hub Facebook group and other internal communications and resources
- Opportunities to test out products and/or services, attend events and go to business openings before reviewing them or covering them on social media for ACM
- Information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management (as available)
- Monthly(ish) Optional Contributor Get-togethers
- Exclusive Team Events and Opportunities
- New friendships and an amazing opportunity to do something great for moms in our community!
What you should do….
Complete the form below in its entirety and one or both of the prompts. Please be sure your Google Doc links are shared publicly and accessible! If you are particularly interested in a content creation role (social media or podcast) please link to applicable examples of your work.
Prompt 1: Tell us about your favorite San Antonio “thing”. Think about how you’d make that thing into content for our readers (ie listicle, top 5 or 10 things to know, essay or story/personal anecdote, etc). Create your article/explainer/content telling us about your favorite San Antonio “thing” and share the link below.
Prompt 2: What do you want to write about for ACM? Think of your ideal article and write it. We’re looking to hear your voice, perspective, narrative, and personality. If you’re a creative content maker, please link to an appropriate piece that applies to this prompt.