Are you a local mom with something to say? Do you have funny stories to share or experiences to rave about?
Alamo City Moms Blog is growing again! We’re looking to add more voices to our already awesome and established writing team. If you have a passion for our community and motherhood, we would love for you to consider joining us. Read more about what’s involved below.
This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. Note: you do NOT have to be a blogger to apply! We are simply looking for local moms who love to write, have a passion for motherhood and their community, and are looking for a way to connect!
Want to know more? [hr]
We so appreciate that you would consider sharing your thoughts, experience, and inspiration to Alamo City Moms Blog readers! Before you think more on the opportunity, please read the following guidelines and feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Think LOCAL: We love to keep all of our content relevant to the San Antonio area…or at least within driving distance for day trips and outings. Blog posts can feature places to go and things to do while more general topics (e.g., feeding, potty training, DIY, etc.) can be given a local twist simply because they are written by a local mom—YOU!
- Think MOMS: It may sound obvious, but ACMB’s target audience is made up of moms, so it only makes sense that our content remains under the broad category of parenting, within which you have a ton of subtopics to choose from: the experience of being a mom, stages and phases of development, tips and tricks, home management strategies specific to moms, and of course, all the locally focused ideas mentioned earlier. At the end of the day, we are all moms just trying to make our lives a little bit more enjoyable. If you have an idea that interests you and your friends, then our readers would probably love to read about it too!
- Think CONNECTIONS: We encourage you to think critically about ways to engage your audience. Try to include clever and catchy post titles that draw people in or spark curiosity, and give your readers a reason to comment by asking questions (e.g., “So tell me, what is the most awful potty training experience you have ever encountered?”).
- Most importantly: Write what you love, and love what you write!
As you consider what content to submit as a sample with your application, please think on these important guidelines…
- Your sample submissions should be original to you, meaning you are the author. Please keep copyright infringement laws in mind.
- Kinda obvious, but we have to say it… Content should be free from the following: profanity, sexual language, political endorsement of a party or candidate, political commentary, op-ed commentary on controversial social and/or political issues, and derogatory or inflammatory language. [hr]
What you GIVE…
- One original post per month that fits within the brand and mission of Alamo City Moms Blog
- A 12-month commitment beginning July 1, 2017
- Reside within the San Antonio metro area
- A passion for moms, kids, and our community
- Availability to attend ACMB events (both play dates and large social events)
- Availability for a team meeting on June 25, 2017
- A reliable, positive, and fun personality!
What you GET…
- Your photo and bio on the Alamo City Moms Blog Contributors page (with links to your personal blog and/or social media handles if you choose to share them)
- Involvement in the ACMB Contributors Facebook group
- Opportunities to test out products and/or services before reviewing them on ACMB
- Opportunities to attend media events as representatives of ACMB
- Information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management
- Access to pre-sale and discounted tickets to upcoming ACMB events
- New friendships and an amazing experience!
So what next?
- Fill out the application below by Thursday, May 25, and be sure to include your writing samples.
- Watch for updates via email. Once we close submissions, we’ll let you know that we’re on the way to bury ourselves in all of your content. All ongoing updates will be sent by email as well!