Summer is here, and with it, so is pool season! My neighborhood pool is the place to be, and as those Fahrenheit degrees keep going up, so is my desire to jump in the water. One of my goals as a mother has been to teach my kids how to swim at a very early age, so for me, summer in San Antonio also means swimming lessons.
We’ve polled our readers and are providing you with a list of places that offer swimming lessons, as well as a list of instructors who offer private lessons.
I have personally taken my kids to The Heights Pool for swimming lessons and I confidently recommend them to anyone who asks. The list below is solely from researching recommendations made by other moms.
I hope you find the right school for your kids! Happy summer!
Self Rescue Swimming Lessons:
ISR—Infant Swimming Resource—www.infantswim.com: On this website you can find many instructors in the San Antonio Area who teach survival swimming. The following were recommended in the comments of our Alamo City Moms Facebook group as well as other local moms’ Facebook groups.
- ISR Stone Oak with Josefina, isrstoneoak.com
- ISR with Jennifer Gonyer Bazajau, sanantonioswimlessons.com
- Otter Tots Infant Aquatics with Jennifer Conn
- ISR Coach Spaar in the San Marcos area, iswim4life.com
- Aqua Luv Swim School with Regina Rodriguez, infantaquatics.com
Water Play/Swim Skill Lessons:
- Swim America in NISD Aquatics Department, teamunify.com
- The Heights Pool offers private and group lessons, heightspool.com
- MGR Swim Sports, mgrswimsports.com
- Good Swim School with Diana Perry, good-swim.com
- YMCA Swim lessons, ymcasatx.org
Private Swimming Lessons:
Training by Carol, Swimming Instructor—Find her on Facebook or call (210) 834-3041.